Monday, February 8, 2010

Quilting is creating



After a long break from my Quilting class, I am back to sewing. Finishing old projects, like this fold up bag for cosmetics (vinyl and all!) that was from our Winter session, and of course Ella's quilt which is my really first "start to finish "creation and labor of love. I have enjoyed the comradarie of the class and everyone's talented differences.
Our first class was a "quick and easy" Single Irish Chain. I made most of it during class time.
It will be a small, 40" square to put on our bed as an accent. Right now I'm feeling rather accomplished, but that won't last. A new quilt is always on the horizon!

1 comment:

Life Is A Journey said...

So cute! I really love the colors in the Irish chain quilt too... pinks and yellows.... so Spring-time-y!